View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Re: A bit of a new theory i call \'fake isolation\'

I have personally used this play before, and I like it in thoery but not nesesarley in practice, because of the reverse implide odds that you (and I ) offer when we do this. Lets say the "pusher" is in the cuttoff. You have an UTG raiser raise it to 3xBB and you flat call, now your encouraging others to do so also, with any suited ace, small connector, one gappers, 2 gappers. you also have to consider the fact that the button will usaully call because of postion, and the blindes are now getting a good price.

This is more likely to happen in a full ring game than 6max of course.

This play also is applicable to perenial sqeezers out of the blindes, some people jsut cant "not" sqeeze out of blindes.

I think that if the "pusher" is in the blindes and someone raises it, and then you call from button/cuttoff when NO ONE else has called, it would be very effective. Because he may be thinking that your call is jsut a position sensitive one, and it doesnt directly correlate to your hand strength, more your hands playability (i.e) 56s, soemthing you could never call a push with.

I hope this helps to some degree, Im suprised know one has written anything, because I find dealign with shorty's a huge part of small/micro stakes play.