View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 06:04 AM

Default weird turn play confuses me...

..and I probably screwed the pooch, but I'm interested in other's opinions...

Button is reasonably intelligent and knows how to think about poker, but he plays way too loose and doesn't seem to mind making what he knows are bad calls (I think he's "slumming it" down here at 10/20). He's the sort of player that only really starts hand-reading when he's looking at calling 2 bets on one of the big streets.

SB is a very loose mega-fish who loves to cold-call PF and peel very lightly. He can fold once in a while, though.

BB is sorta half-asleep but can be a decent player. He's been playing pretty tight-passive so far tonight, but I know he's capable of making some erratic, aggressive plays and can show up with some very unexpected hands.

BB and CO view me as tight, SB probably has no clue.

PF Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
a bad players limps from MP, hero raises, button cold-calls, blinds call, MP calls.

Flop 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 players, 10 SB)
checks to Hero, hero bets, CO calls, SB calls, BB check-raises, MP folds, hero 3-bets, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players, 11 BB)
BB bets out, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

River 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 plaers, 15 BB)
BB bets, Hero raises...

How horrible was my turn call? Fwiw, I had a feeling CO and SB would call many hands for one bet but not for 2 (even an idiot could start to put me on top set if I raised there) - getting overcalls from players who could be drawing dead was a big part of why I just called.