View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Sahara Tournament?

I go and play that tournament probably once every 6 months or so. And everytime I regret that I did, even though i have won more money than I have lost playing it. Management is hideously indifferent to the tournament. I have seen the floor sit in a full live cash game while nobody runs the tournament. Tables get balanced only if a dealer on break happens to walk by at the right time. While there are a few good dealers there are many there who are terrible. I routinbely see dealers sit in the box and start a conversation with aregular, i don't mean they talk whiule they deal. I mean they talk first, when the conversation is over they start dealing. On one occasion a friend complained about a ruling that was in completely opposite of the posted rules and was told that the posted rules don't apply. I have always been suspicious of the ways the reentries get done. A player walks away from the table heads to the front deak then comes back to the same table and tells the dealer that they bought back in. They have no card, no receipt, nothing and the dealer gives them chips.

My very first time playing there though was the worst. You see some chuckle headed floor decided to accomodate everyone he was going to make the tournament 12 handed tables. Though I think that sucks, what was worse, was that he kept it 12 handed until the final table he would not go to 11 or 10 handed as the tournament was breaking down.

The payoff strcuture sucks. While i don't mind a top heavy payout, you need to shorten the number of people getting paid when you make it that top heavy.