View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Sahara Tournament?

so, i was in Vegas last September and based on recommendations i'd read on this site, decided to play the Sahara 7:00pm tourney. you know, since it was in line with the size of my bankroll, and all (i.e. all $62 of it) *smirk*
well, i made it to the last 4 tables (of 16 starting), not too shabby a showing for my first time playing brick and mortar, if i do say so myself. i definitely got my money's worth just from the experience alone.
anyway, i was just reading a complaint on an allvegaspoker.com cardroom review that said some players were allowed to take their sweet time when moved to a new table, enough time to let the blinds go by. has anyone who has any experience at the Sahara tournament found this to be a problem? or is that tournament too small stakes for the twoplustwo crew?
i mean, it sounds like an angle-shoot, but does the cardroom management let it slide, or is this something that they normally prevent? when i played there, i was lucky the two times i was moved, because the blinds had just passed me, but it had never occured to me to deliberately move extra slowly.
one more question. allvegaspoker also says that the blind levels go from 1500/3000 to 3000/6000, which strikes me as a bit drastic, considering the praise i've read for the Sahara's structure. can anyone verify whether or not this is correct, or simply an error on the part of allvegaspoker.com? seems like they'd want a 2000/4000 level in there, but i only made it to the 1000/2000 level, so wasn't around long enough to see.
i need answers to these questions before deciding to play it again the next time i'm in Vegas. i've been itching to put some of the things i've been reading in HoH into practice.
if the Sahara's too dicey, i'd rather spend a little more and play the Caesar's tournament.
thanks in advance for any replies.
-t
"Harrington on Hold'em is okay, I guess." -- Annette Obrestad