View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: 10-20 QQ vs. UTG limp rr

[ QUOTE ]
once you call pf, the flop is an easy call. you can't consider anything different actually. only thing id think is to fold pf to the l/r, but i generally wouldnt do that either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob, I disagree with this completely, and in reference I'm going to use one of the best posts on poker I have ever seen, Gigabet's "Almost there with Sucess and Failure" (linked at the end). Poker is a game of incomplete information and he who is the best at analyzing bits and pieces of it as they come in and responding correctly - at the end - wins. So we get limp-raised pre-flop and some warning bells should be going off, but QQ is still the 3rd nuts so okay, not enough info to shove or fold, lets call.

Flop comes x,x,x and he shoves for twice the pot AI. Assuming that he's not limp-raising with JJ- and not doing this too often with naked A,Ko there's simply no way we're ahead here 66%+ of the time since when he's behind he's got 12 outs+ and when we are behind we're drawing virtually dead. And we're usually behind.

If you take another step back and think what your hand looks like to him (given your history) then you'll realize it's easily QQ+ so no, he's not expecting you to fold here very often. So fold. I realize I'm making a lot of assumptions here but, again, given the description in OP of your 3-hour history and the dynamics so far, I think they will be accurate far more often than not.

Kirk

PS. Gigabet's "Almost there with Success and Failure"