View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Discuss: Thoughts on Overpairs

I definitely agree with you that this article has hand reading at its very core. It is by creating hand ranges through "reads" or patterns in an opponents play that allows someone to quantify the uncertainty of a situation. The first hand example I gave has a pretty high uncertainty factor based on the wide hand range. The fact that I won the hand actually should have little to do with the analysis done. I possibly should have even left the end results out as was suggested before we went to "print". Results often create bias and make it harder to see the main lesson.

In each example though, I lead you through as many of my thoughts that I could recall that I used on the way to my decisions.

It wasn't my point to create a generalizable strategy. In fact, my main point was to break the generalizable strategy that many people employ which is to blindly felt an overpair (which I have seen A LOT of regardless of circumstances). It was my point, however, to show what information you should be attempting to collect and use during the play of a hand.