View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 07:35 AM

Default Re: How do you rationalize this?

I think the answer is probably yes, if and only if your expectation of implied odds was reasonable.

Sometimes, in the STT forum, players say "yeah, call raises up to 10% of your stack with a PP" and I'm like, well no. Your implied odds in an SNG are not often enough that good. A guy who raises with AQ is not going to stack off when the flop comes K65, so your set of 5s may win a disappointing pot.

I like the treatment of draws in Holdem on the Come. I forget the name of the guy who actually wrote it but it was sold on the back of a few (mostly useless) comments by Rolf Slotboom. That deals with limit but the concepts are useful if you're willing to nut it out.

But what do I know? One of my leaks is to overvalue draws (not discount them enough for times they come in but are not best) and I "compensate" by taking a pessimistic view of implied odds. I mean, there's a spectrum of future action that you could achieve, and your implied odds lay somewhere on it. I tend to take a sort of average view: I won't make a ton of bets, but I'll make a few.