View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Lets Go to the Tape.

"You do realize that virtually every NCAA, Conference and School record Rivers holds is due primarily to the fact that he started all 4 yaers.

Take a look at some of the company on the top of NCAA passing yardage list: Ty Detmer, Tim Rattay, Chris Redman, Todd Santos and Tim Lester."

I remember watching Jordan and Leon Wood play in the 1984 Olympic preseason basketball games vs. NBA players. Leon Wood had great college stats, better than MJ, but I could kinda tell that MJ was a bit better...when he left from inside the right elbow and dunked. Leon went on to a nice career in the NBA too...as a ref.

So yeah, its preseason. I get it. Accurate, strong arm, pocket presence. Look at his release. Correct me if I am wrong...thats as quick as Marino. 6'5'', He ain't gonna shrink during regular season.

"completed 110-161 passes in four bowl games for 1,202 yards, 10 TDs, 3 interceptions and rushed for 65 yards" Big game preformer. Florida State Message Board, Q: Who is the best player on opposition you have ever seen. Some said Emitt Smith. More said Phillip Rivers. Bowl opponents and FSU, better than average college teams, Rivers dominates.

LT and Gates, c'mon man.

Last years DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF YEAR, #56 Shawne Merriman...Last years Rookie sensation, Luis Castillo. Another second year man, WR Jackson (the 6'5'' 240 receiver beating Packers twice in video. Punt returner Sproles was a ROOKIE last year. These guys are going to be even better.

The Chargers even drafted a kicker just for kickoff and he crushes it. This was a big weakness. Keating was accurate but his kickoffs sucked. Now its 5 yards deep. This very important and a tremendous improvement from last year.

I watched Breese live several times. He was a nice little QB with great weapons. Now we got a big gun. Its an upgrade. Weaker schedule, better team, Send it.