View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: river bluff vs. 2p2er

my last post on preflop: yes, one or more overcards will flop pretty often. yes, it will be more difficult to play, in general, than if i repopped it. that said, if i 3bet, the original raiser will call pretty often, and overcards will still flop 70% of the time. i'll be dealing with one villain instead of two, sure, but the hand will still be tricky to play. whatever.

66: when i said "pretend i have 66," i meant just for preflop. you guys are 100% right that postflop, it is different than TT. my point was, "please ignore preflop."

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw i like a flop c/r with a pretty big range here althought i know you hate raising

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't mind this line at all, and it certainly makes the hand easier to play. as i'm sure you know, i'd prefer doing it with air to with TT.

[ QUOTE ]
This hand in a vacuum looks kinda weird

[/ QUOTE ]

true for sure, but part of it is just that i play "weird"/nonstandard pretty often. perhaps it causes me to run into trouble in ssnl at times because my metagame differs from that of more "straightforward" tags, and i am probably guilty of making poor assumptions at times about other players (usually in the area of giving too much credit, i think). that said, if some of you guys are snapcalling in this spot with a queen against someone like me, good luck.

[ QUOTE ]

we aren't playing me, you are playing a 30/10/1, he's not folding a Q

your assholery is excused.

[/ QUOTE ]

i apologize for my "assholery" towards you, but the quote makes it clear that you've given the op next to no thought. it frustrates me that such a good player is willing to post in ssnl but very often seems to provide (what i believe to be) substance-less content.