View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 05:39 AM

Default Re: Third nut flush and ok low $200 PLO8 stars

[ QUOTE ]
whats my move here???

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Gazaza - Have courage and bet the pot. $78?

Keep Ray Zee's principle in mind. The object of the game is to scoop. You have the best chance of scooping if your opponents both fold here.

Sounds like you don't think either of them has a higher flush. If not, the danger to you is one of them continuing and somehow making a full house. You want to give anyone unfavorable odds to try to out-draw you. At the same time, one of them might have a poor low, but a better low than you. You're not going to knock out A3YZ, but perhaps you can knock out A4YZ, 34YZ, or another A5YZ.

In addition, although you're not going to knock out
A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],X[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],Y,Z it's hard for K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],X[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],Y,Z to continue.

Trust in your read, put your whole stack at risk, and make it as tough as you can on your opponents to continue with non nut hands.

If you can't make this play, then you should not have played the starting hand to begin with.

I haven't read any other replies yet. I think we could figure out what you'd have to bet to give anybody unfavorable (half pot) odds to draw for the board to pair, but you also want to knock out any 2nd nut hands for high and 2nd, 3rd, or 4th nut hands for low.

Have courage and bet, hoping to scoop.

Buzz

edit: O.K., I read the other replies. Both posters make good points. I like tvent37's suggestion to check, except that checking puts you in a quandry if you face a big bet coming back at you - and you also miss the opportunity to scoop, or at least you lower your chance of scooping, if they both check behind you.

I still shove here. (I have to admit that my cardiologist would strongly disapprove of me playing this game).

Buzz