View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: help save 6 young mens lives please!!!

[ QUOTE ]
This is such a joke, this is gonna turn into a "loose change" type of deal, where you find out at trial there are a whole lot of facts the video conveniently omitted.

It is a shame the world isn't perfect, and that we can't have a homogeneous standard of equality across all races, genders, ages, etc, but the reality is that this is impossible, and has been since forever. For every redneck judge that sentences a violent black offender to prison, there is a liberal college admissions office letting in select minorities based on the color of their skin, and not the academic qualifications they bring to the table. I'm sure someone will find these observations overtly racist, as it is easy to consider anything that is both controversial and race related to be racist, and it really sucks we can't have a running dialog of intelligent conversation about the subject without someone feeling afraid of how others might construe their comments.

That said, taking one source of information for face value in today's society and basing your opinion on it is pretty irresponsible and quite frankly stupid. I don't doubt that in a tit-for-tat back-and-forth situation like this one, one side is going to somehow not get equal treatment, and that is unfortunate. However, I would like to see the whole story out on the table rather than a video slanted to one side before I make a judgment one way or another.

And if this topic really gets you heated, check out the movie Crash if you haven't seen it. It is a really powerful, interesting look at racial stereotypes.

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly you dont understand what affirmative action is. Since the birth of this country and before minorities have been and are being disenfranchised. We're all playing monopoly and you got to start with 2000 while I only got 500, and everytime you pass go you get 300 while Im getting only 50. Here you are complaining that my hotels are costing me 250, while on a comparable property your hotels are costing you 350.

Just like the video, youre only presenting half the story if that.