View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Borgata $5k JJ in pos w/40 BB

Yeah - it made sense what was going on in his mind as I was writing my blog, because if donk's don't vehemently protect their QQish, then they're often extremely afraid of strength shown behind them. My play/image was EXTREMELY strong, and he was convinced (in the donkish I still can't fold way [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] that I had AA or KK.

This hand has made me think about the psychology of what's going on here about re-learning how to think like a donk and either avoid these spots or maximize value in these spots. I thought I was doing the latter and he had precisely TT, but it bothers me that QQ never even entered my mind. I honestly was praying that he would call my shove on the turn.

Meh.

Edit- the 4k raise was because I wanted it to be big enough to get the job done but small enough to not commit me and still leave me room to fire two reasonable bullets post flop. I obv. am never shoving flop and wanted to be able to bet 1/2 pot on flop and still shove turn for a bigger bet, hopefully trapping pairs <JJ while still being able to protect from AKishes that see flop.