Thread: Robert Kiyosaki
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Robert Kiyosaki

His book was the first real book I read. It real helped me get out of the mentality that I have to get a good job with health benefits it showed me that there are plenty other ways to make a living, i.e. writing books [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. At the time that I read I knew it was a bit much. Now, when I read his Yahoo articles I get upset cause it's mostly crap advice. I remember him saying that he wants to continue buying gold, when gold was around 700s, look at it now? Is he right? Maybe. Sometimes his logic is bit off. But the previous not withstanding it does help you realize that you don't need a job and that just working only gets you so far. And those who will counter me with millionaire next door keep in mind that has selection bias. I bet there are people out there who saved and acted like the people in million next doors only to find themselves poor and broke.

The true irony is that I work at a good job with great health benefits. So maybe his book was a waste.....

-Alex