Thread: The Rivalry
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Re: The Rivalry

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What does it mean to roll a tree? Is this a metaphor for something?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Rolls" of toiler paper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah ok. TP-ing would be the term I am familiar with.

That raises some interesting issues that I mentioned before. Does it makes it a better rivalry if fans engage in that kind of behavior, or is it better if they follow the Mich-OSU example, where the Dead Schembechlers dedicated their concert to Bo and the fans were otherwise respectful? I don't mean to imply that all Auburn fans were waiting to piss on his grave or anything, or that all Mich-OSU people handled Bo (and Woody) dying with dignity and respect, but assume such behavior is the norm for each rivalry: is that a point in favor or against one or the other?

I tend to think respect is a point in favor: while we do care a great deal about these games, they are games and being batshit insane about them doesn't strike me as something that ought to be rewarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of the reason why there wasn't much animosity to Bo was the fact that he came from Ohio State under Woody. Besides that, there is a lot of hatred for Michigan.

I've also noticed that most of the ignorant stupid fans are the ones who never went to college and just root for the teams anyway. At least, it seems that way at Ohio State. Same at UM? I'm going to talk a lot of sh*t to a Michigan fan, but I'm not going to throw a full can of beer at his head.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

Although I'd say the ratio of idiot Tosu fans that throw full beer cans to idiot Michigan fans that throw beer cans is greatrt than 5:1