View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Official NCAA 08 thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
08 is completely different from 07, what are you talking about? If you don't like it, fine, I think it's pretty far from a perfect football game, but to say it's the same as 07 is crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably shouldn't have said 'exactly the same', but what's so different about it? You like the game because the team missed a field goal?

They didn't upgrade the graphics or anything. It's sad that the "PONTIAC DRIVE OF THE GAME" bar looks better than anything on the field. Players look like they were filled in with a paint bucket, there's no detail. USC was basically red blocks with red circles as helmets.The crowd is basically floating balls that move around. It also looks like they are playing on green cement. I'm not usually one to harp on graphics, but the game play does nothing to make me forget how awful they are. Just look...

It seems the new feature is to focus on the silly minigames and "7th toughest stadium to play at!" BS. Tackling was still as horrible as it was in 07. The only thing that looks decent is taking over the college's recruiting process.... but that doesn't warrant $50. It doesn't feel like a game that was put together by people that cared. I'm going to wait until All Pro Football and Madden come out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you are right - they didn't upgrade the graphics. In fact they actually downgraded the graphics a bit to allow the game to run at 60 FPS. However, the game play is much much better. I don't understand how you can say tackling and game play isn't as good as the motions are much more fluid and realistic. This is a big step up as far as game play is concerned from 07 even if the graphics took a bit of a hit.