View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 02:28 AM

Default Re: PokerStars 300kVPP Club

Dear KarlSpakler,

Congratulations! You have fully earned your Deposit Bonus. Your
PokerStars account has been credited in the amount of $5000.00.

Thanks for participating in the PokerStars 500K VPPs Level Reward Bonus, and
we'll see you at the tables.

The PokerStars Cashier
cashier@pokerstars.com

Clearing this bonus was a big boost to morale. I have been concentrating on improving my limit game lately so I can make a big push to hit SN Elite by year end. As I just won't be able to play enough hands at NL to get there. As it stands, I have probably earned 65% of my VPP playing FR NL and most of the remaining playing 6 max limit games.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I am a small loser at 6 max limit games. So I have been been trying to get better at that while mixing in FR limit and FR NL - trying to strike a balance between overall profitability, improving my overall poker game, and accumulating enough VPP to get to Elite.

The game scouting part of it is the most difficult. But it has helped me learn what specific table conditions and situations are most profitable for me. And playing a wide range of limits, FR/6max, and/or limit/NL can really help improve overall game selection.

Playing many 6 max limit games has also helped me improve my play in certain situations where I struggled in NL in the past. I think playing limit allows you to open your mind to a wider range of possible opponent hands and you get the chance to play more hands to the river. So often in online NL the size of the bet or raise will force us to narrow our thinking and our decision making is often over on the flop. With starting stacks of only 100 BB, we are either going with the hand or we are not.

Best of luck.