View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Sean Taylor Shot at Home

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hypothetical question:

If the football player who was wasn't a starter or elite player like Sean Taylor, would we be just as sad and have a thread this long about it?

I really don't think so

[/ QUOTE ]

Not football, but baseball middle-of-the-road pitcher Joe Kennedy just died at age 28 from yet to be explained (as far as I know) causes, and nobody seemed to care much at all.

Apparently good, 24 year old football player getting murdered is way more tragic than average 28 year old baseball player going naturally.*

*Again, I'm not up-to-speed on the details of Kennedy's death.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Going naturally at 28 is very tragic. How is it not? Getting murdered at basically the same age is, too, UNLESS the murder was triggered by misbehavior. Going out young naturally is never due to misbehavior, it's just bad luck with your genes. That is pretty tragic.

You could also argue that hanging with the bad crowd and being murdered is also a symptom of bad genetic make-up, but it's easier to "fix" than, say, a degenerative heart problem.

I'm not saying Taylor was murdered due to his own misbehavior, but that question may never be answered.