View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Lay Down 2nd Nuts?

[ QUOTE ]
this is one of those situations where we can't really tell you much that you dont already know. Make a read and go with it.

(With these stacks though I don't think i'm ever folding A5 here.)

[/ QUOTE ]
As I said, LMP player was smarter than he looked. I knew he knew I was very strong here. I was the one that called his bluff down earlier with A high so this hand may have been a little personal for him. His first call seemed to be disinterested but his reraise had that look of I got you now and you can't get away. With that read I eliminated the str8 flush draw, in fact Anything less than top set was way too weak for his range IMO and I was definately leaning towards 56. I also don't think he would have limped with A5o (I meantioned his starting range was solid) so I was discounting the chop.

I legitamately agonized over this hand for quite a while. I didn't mind that fact since if I did push, EMP would more likely call and I would win the side pot although I would still loose an extra $100 to LMP if he had 56.

It was the possible side pot rebate that finally got me to push into a hand that I knew had me beat.

EMP had 2 pair, LMP had 56. The funny thing was that the LMP player nearly went on tilt even after winning the hand. He was really upset that I almost layed down 2nd nuts to his nuts.