View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Which Presidential Candidates do you like?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nicky Barnes and Frank Lucas currently featured in the movie 'American Gangster' both endorse Rudy Giuliani for President. I've said before that I support him because he's the most honest, 'real person' candidate which makes him attractive to me. Every politician has got some politician in him but Rudy seems to have less. I hope he wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you follow politics at all or do you just skim mainstream headlines? Rudy is horrible and is certainly as politican as anyone in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's why he's tried backtracking on his pro-choice, anti-gun and pro gay rights positions. Unlike Mitt Romney who has stood by his principles. Plus, Rudy has a record of accomplishment.

However, I do love a good fantasy. It's one of my favorite genres and watching many of you ppl root on Ron Paul is entertaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

He does have a bit of a point, I'd have to put Romney slightly ahead of Ghouliani on the phony-politician rating.

However, do you realize that you rooting for Rudy has about the same effect on his chance to win as me rooting for the Patriots this weekend? When it comes to rooting for a politician, I'd rather root for a good and honest man than just for the one who appears to have the best shot of winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron Paul may be a Saint for all I know but he'd not be elected dictator. He'd still have to work with that pit of vipers in Washington virtually all of whom don't give a rat's ass about anything but themselves. What do you expect he'd be able to do? Pluck his magic twanger and you'd have the society you think the people want? Guess what: The people don't want what you think they want. At least a person like Giuliani knows reality from fantasy, has experience and is not afraid to say what he thinks.

btw: I used 'support' in referring to Giuliani and 'root' when it came to Paul. Upon reflection I consider that denigrating so I apologize for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul would do the most important thing a president could do. Veto, veto, veto, pardon, veto, veto, veto.

[/ QUOTE ]

The crap's about to hit the fan and I don't think 'veto' is going to be the way to go. We are going to need ideas and action pretty darn soon and not a mule sitting on his butt.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the more reason to vote for Ron Paul.