View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Does evidence of Intelligent ET life disprove Christianity?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It's not like the entity has to be at the controls every second.

[/ QUOTE ]

Understood but my point is that ancient man thought himself, and earth, to be the focal points of the universe. For all intents earth WAS the universe. This argument becomes untenable as we learn more about the universe and earth's relatively insignificant place in it.

Yet man still insists on thinking that the rest of the universe is just god's by-product of creating us "in his image". This seems egomaniacal enough as it is. I don't think discovery of ET life is needed to put the nail in the "man as center of the universe" argument.

But at any rate I think man's need to feel important would overshadow any discoveries of ET life anyway. We'd just assume they were another life form but not the "chosen ones" as we humans are.

[/ QUOTE ]

No argument there. What does this say about rational people that this is recognized as a possibly defective characterstic of man?

Internal xenophobia is bad enough in regards to race, religious belief, sexual orientation, even the colors you wear.

It's a little depressing to realize one of the first major actions undertook against those aliens would be to attack them.

Puts me in mind of a bawling child throwing a tantrum when he realizes it isn't all about him and he doesn't always get his way.