View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 01:54 PM

Default Re: War Against the Bots

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question about all of these people complaining about bots, what is really the difference between some guy programming a computer to raise or fold based on position and stats and someone 8 tabling using PAHUD and simply raising or folding depending on the stats of a player in the hand which was collected by a computer?

I mean, lets say someone writes a program thatevery time a guy w/ 30% vpip limps you raise w/ any top PP, t9s+, continuation bet every flop, then check or bet turn based on the guys stats. Is there really a difference between someone doing the same thing themselves by simply looking at another players stats which were collected by a computer program? player sees a 38/2/1 player limp utg, he has JTs and he raises automatically, everytime.

One person using a computer to store information and make decisions is very similar to another person using a different computer program to crunch numbers and then make a decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see it the same way. All this drama about this issue is naive. We're talking about MONEY. Any time a situation involves money changing hands, people are going to look for ways to get their hands on it, that simple.