View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: The Zone (book) wtf??

[ QUOTE ]
Right, that's what I'm saying. The numbers are off by a huge amount b/w what the zone recommends you eat, vs. everything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am totally picking up what you are laying down brother, but as it was explained to me is that the zone peeps feel that the best way to increase longevity of life is through an extended form of calorie deprivation of sorts. so they think we DON'T need all those cals. tough stuff.

here was my eating today 15 zone blocks, i am too lazy to figure out the cals, but i know it isn't ton. yes i am trying to lean out a bit to like low 160's of solid muscle.

9am--3/4 cup egg beaters, 2 blocks plain oatmeal, 1/2 cup grapes, 9 cashews

12pm--1 lean chicken sausage, 1 large apple, 9 almonds

3pm--1 protein shake, 1 cup blueberries, 1 tsp natural p.butter in shake

6pm--3 oz. flank steak, 4 cups steamed broccoli, 9 cashews

9pm--200 cal. protein bar (high fat/low carb one, tastes great) 100 cal. yogurt.

approx. 3 block meals x 5. a bit hungry, but not too bad.
i can live like this and if it helps me get a sub 3 minute fran time or helps with bw ohs or sub 18 min 5k then i am willing to sacrifice a bit. it does make you feel lean and mean.

hope this example helps. you don't really eat that much in one meal right now do you smiley? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

i was pretty active today too, a big warmup, 2 different wods and a bit of cardio this morning. 8 pack here i come.

cheers. J.