View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Re: The Zone (book) wtf??

Smiley,

they are sorta into calorie deprivation a bit as a way of longevity (you will starve for a bit and waste a way) so that is the reason things seem so low.

i think it is pretty accurate and when you get down to "too lean" the crossfit people then add like 20 extra fat blocks a day (nuts, nuts and more nuts) and get plenty of calories and energy etc, etc.

it is super tough for the first couple weeks for sure. i am about 80% zoning right now due to holidays, family in town, and i am ok with that for now. going to get back to the weighing and measuring soon and probably going to only eat like 15/16 blocks a day and try to get too lean, lol.

i felt like my crossfit performance and recovery have greatly been helped by the zone and if i give it 3 to 6 months of strict zoning i think i would reach a ton of CF goals but i like to live a semi-fun life too so it is a tough balance.

glassman said at the CF certification that he didn't know of any sub 3 minute fran performers who weren't zone dieters.

very interesting i thought. fire me a pm with any ????'s.

later. J.

p.s. when i "cheat" i do it with more protein usually and still try to stay away from any of the bad carbs.

p.s.s. i am drinking my 2nd beer as i post this. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]