View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Why so much hate between Twoplustwo / Pocketfives?

OP,

didn't read the rest of the thread, but I consider 2p2 a more densely layered site than p5s and in fact don't really consider really them the same type of website, poker players in the know go to 2+2 technical forums for strategy/advice etc., while the range of other Poker and OT forums themselves could each almost support P5s membership.

Pocket 5s is an online Tournament Poker rankings website, with a lower percentage of members of 2p2, in fact I believe that 2p2 is the #1 poker related website IIRC (no source, just recall seeing a thread)

The fact is that all sites are looking up at the vaunted 2p2.com and publishing magnate, many with a jaundiced eye to be sure. I think the hate many noob posters from P5s get when visiting the site and identifying themselves as P5s members is similar to the hazing a junior high kid gets from the high schoolers, underclassmen v. upperclassmen etc. All good natured comraderie, to be sure

As an aside, if I'm asked about playing online/websites -if the subject comes up, that is, I used play dumb about 2p2 to players in live games, because I didn't want to give up that I played S&M style or whatever to my opponents, not so much anymore, but you can't really use the same analogy in relation to pocketfives anyways truly rambling now......

Kem