View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Basic Sit \'n Go Questions Answered Here

Scuba, while you're playing more hands, you still basically want to play a tighter game early (relative to cash NL 6-max), open up with more steals during mid blinds, and revert to hyper-aggressive mode late. The bubble now occurs with 3 players left, so this is where you can really accumulate your chips when other players are tightening.

Poker Clif, you should decline slight chip edges such as the example you give. In fact, I give a much more extreme example of the situation you're talking about in the chapter on bubble play in Sit n Go Strategy (the infamous Hand 3-9). The basic reason is that while you are winning chips, you are losing equity (the $ value of those chips).

Danastasio, the conventional answer is around 50 buyins, so you'd want a balance of ~ $1000 to be playing the $20's. Mixed games are great, what's your favorite in the HORSE rotation? Mine's probably razz. I think most SNG players could definitely help their game by trying some other variations of poker ... gets you thinking more analytically.

Great questions so far!

-- Collin