View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em study group

[ QUOTE ]
So you prefer going the SSNL raise of 4xbb+limpers instead of just pot pot pot ?

but since you are targeting the blinds more than anything in 6max, will going broke once in a while with an overpair vs. giving the blinds a better price (thus allowing them to stay tight) really be a good trade off.

Assumes vanilla 2+2 tags on your left, in other words people what you feel are worse then you, when playing with wide ranges .... so in this scenario, do we have a case, where you might want to only make 3xbb in order to force them to open

Does your book cover the above btw ??? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hi gelford thanks for the praise in the other post!

i think i need a couple glasses of wine to understand your post here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

blind stealing definitely skews preflop raising strategy a bit. is that what you're getting at? and yeah you will have to get all in for 100bb some times if your opponents are any good. no free lunch anymore.

here's a thought for you: it's been argued that in early position you should raise less to allow opponents to call with a wider range of hands (since you are raising with a small range of mostly premium hands). however, that needs to be balanced with SPR concerns, which the discussion i believe has ignored.