View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 06:02 AM

Default Re: NL10 - I played like a man and a girl all in the same hand (river

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

my hand isn't great either

I think I can take my hand to Valuetown when needed.

The PF raise in my mind is +EV but is probably thin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should reread the previous comment. Playing any hand against this type of opponent is "probably +EV" but playing top hands and taking Villian to said Valuetown is more +EV because you can just b,b,b against these guys and get paid rather than try to take down a small pot in an iffy situation.

I like the fact that you are thinking about 3bets for stealing, although they don't really apply to 10NL. It's hard to bluff the many stations down there, and you might make some plays that are downright spewy. I think that if you stay the course and play that ABC TAG poker down there you will see less variance in your play while still yielding a similar win rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I 100% with your statements. It is probably more +EV to just play solid hands against this vill. Part of the reason I am playing like this, is not to play marginal hands in position against these opponents when I think I can make good plays and take them to valuetown. Its when I move up limits I want to be more aggressive PF and use my superior (to those that are at my table) hand reading skills to take smaller pots away on the flop and turn as well. In other words I have been pretty noncreative lately and I moved down levels to practice this. Sometimes Ive been running 30/20 and its been working nicely. Sometimes I do get into spots like these that makes my decision making more difficult from the way I have been playing. But I hope to incorporate this style of play back into my regular game when I move back up and thought I would practice down at these limits.

But as for the river what do you think? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]