View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 05:03 PM

Default The stance on a Sticky Thread.

The idea of having a sticky thread in this forum has been brought up multiple times. I try to respond to each recommendation by replying to the post it was recommended in. This thread will now serve as a generic response to all inquiries related to the creation and implementation of a sticky thread in the Books/Publications forum.

Several requests have been made and I considered each one carefully. There have also been a few occasions when I presented some ideas to Mason Malmuth about possibilities for a sticky thread in this forum. Mason and I (and in some occasions myself only) have reached the decision not to have one for various reasons.

Exceptions can be and sometimes are made, but those have always been on a temporary basis. Some examples of those exceptions have included Mason's current sticky on the cover design contest and book study groups.

I don't want to say that a sticky thread will never be a permanent fixture here in the Books/Publications forum. Your opinions and requests are always taken into consideration. You're welcome to submit ideas to me at any time. If a thread were created in a way as to not conflict with the concerns of Mason and I it may be possible to make it a sticky. However, I do want to make it clear that this is not at this time and may never be something we have in this forum.

*Please note that I will keep a close eye on this thread and try to respond to all comments, suggestions, etc. I am a busy guy so your patience will sometimes be required.