View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 09:10 PM

Default What is villain telling me he has? [NTRL]

Full Tilt Poker, $11 + $0.50 NL Hold'em Sit n' Go, 20/40 Blinds, 2 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: 1,605
Hero (BB): 1,395

Pre-Flop: (60) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">SB raises to 80</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to 200</font>, SB calls 120

Flop: (400) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets 275</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to 1,405 and is All-In</font>, Hero...?

Villain description: I've seen him limp QJ... Call a turn bet in limped pot IP with 2 over cards as he only draw. Seen him limp J7. After 12 hands he has raised 50% of his SB pre-flop, I have yet to see what hands he raises with.

So what do you guys think, does villain tell me he has a 9 and that he wants full value out of his trips, or does he tell me he hasen't and does not want me to call?

On a sidenote, I usually 3-bet 3x his raise, meaning my normal 3-bet is 240 in this situation. However I figured I wanted to experiement with my 3-bet size and try to make my 3-bet bluffs a bit cheaper so that I could afford to make some more of these... What is your standard 3-bet size (before you adjust it to the specific opponent)?