View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Links LS and other golf sims

[ QUOTE ]
Come on man, Oakland Hills = super boring!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know..."Sominex Hills". Still, Oakland Hills is in my backyard, so I have to defend it. Besides, that's the course where I beat Paul Willey in a ladder match to jump to 3rd - IN THE WORLD - behind him and Petteri.

[ QUOTE ]

Here, does this leaderboard from Valhalla jog some memories?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha...there it is! I never played well at Valhalla even though I loved that LS course. I you and I had a weekly round, the 2nd or 3rd round, wasn't it? I know I'd play Woody on Sunday mornings, and then Hyay and/or Bahmo for the other round or two.

#16 on that list, the Frenchman (literally - he was from France) Francois Geousserant, and I played a head-to-head match in the Ryder Cup Roger and Petteri set up. I was beating him like a circus chimp, he was down in the dumps, so I started naming Jerry Lewis movies in the chat window to brighten his day. It didn't work.

Geez, that was a great community in it's prime. We almost got everyone to go to Banff to play IRL! My wife was actually looking forward to meeting the guys I spent so much time with. I sent Lloyd Sheidt (whose named cuased you to coin the phrase "Sheidt Happens") a bowling ball I wasn't using, he shot the first (and probably only) 700 of his life with it the first time he put it in play.

Good times.