View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Chicago Bears 2007 Official Thread

I was going to PM you this week to get this thread started.

Things I like about the Bears right now:

Darwin Walker. Very excited about him getting single blocked again. He was a beast when singled not so good when doubled.

The defensive depth. Three DE that would be the #1 DE on most teams. The tackle rotation as well as being four deep at S and CB.

Rex Grossman's new clothes. He has spent the offseason working on his footwork. If he has broken his old habits and doesn't fall back into them when adversity arrives things will be good. Real Good.

Hestor & Olsen added to the offense. Neither will be or should be out there on every snap, but they are going to add more and more wrinkles and fears to opposing teams. If Benson stays healthy the offense can only improve.

My big fears.

The depth of the o-line. They were great last year and the year before, but how long can a line with that old of an average age last?

Brian Griese looking like he doesn't care anymore. The reports are he has been having an awful camp and that he doesn't seem to be "into it." He was very dissapointed he never got a shot last year when Rex struggled and seems to be pouting.

All and all I see alot of good things. The Super Bowl loser curse does not scare me too much. The Bears depth allows them to survive most injuries. They ended up in the Super Bowl last year without Harris or Brown. Their schedule has a few tough teams on it, but they still play in the NFC North, they are still in the NFC where they are head and shoulders above every other team. I'm pretty sure 11-13 wins are easily in their future.

Sep 9 @San Diego 4:15pm
Sep 16 Kansas City 4:15pm
Sep 23 Dallas 8:15pm
Sep 30 @Detroit 1:00pm
Oct 7 @Green Bay 8:15pm
Oct 14 Minnesota 1:00pm
Oct 21 @Philadelphia 4:15pm
Oct 28 Detroit 12:00pm
Week 9 BYE
Nov 11 @Oakland 4:15pm
Nov 18 @Seattle 8:15pm
Nov 25 Denver 1:00pm
Dec 2 N.Y. Giants 4:15pm
Dec 6 @Washington 8:15pm
Dec 17 @Minnesota 8:30pm
Dec 23 Green Bay 1:00pm
Dec 30 New Orleans 1:00pm

Pretty good shot I'll be drunk for all of these.

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't like trading Thomas Jones and handing the job to Benson. Especially since Benson hasn't really shown anything yet.

Predictions:

3. A HEALTHY Benson goes for 1200 yards and 10 TDs (Peterson is too good not to steal carries, especially on 3rd down and in blow outs, plus I think the passing game steps up a little this year)

[/ QUOTE ]

Angelo promised Jones last year that he would trade him in the offseason if they could not work out a long term deal. There was no way in the Bears budget, or any team for that matter, there was enough room for two high paid running backs. This really was one of the main reasons Briggs ended up back in camp this year. Rosendick realized that Angelo kept his promise on Jones, will keep his promise on Briggs and he still has to work out Harris's deal. Keeping that relationship good is really important.

I am also a bit scred about Benson's health, but I like the idea of a Peterson/Wolfe combo holding down the fort.