View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: the \"you win\" rule

[ QUOTE ]
I saw a situation a few months ago where a guy threw his cards up in the air and said something like “it’s yours, I don’t have anything”. The other player in the pot, a woman on the opposite side of the dealer mucked her hand thinking she had won. She could not see the action clearly around the dealer and thought the other player had folded without calling her river bet, but he had actually called and then tossed his cards up in the air. His cards had landed face up on top of the board, so the floor ruled he had not mucked his hand. The woman had mucked her hand without showing it. The floor said cards speak and only the man showed his cards so he won the pot.

The woman was mad and thought this was some kind of angle. She and another woman proceeded to give the guy a hard time and he left a few hands later, which is too bad because he was a real loose calling stallion, although he was close to busting out anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is horrible yet funny. I thought it would be pretty obvious that someone who throws their cards intentionally in the air has folded. The lesson as always is hold onto your cards until the pot is on its way.