View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: Hand 2: NYC Live 200/400 vs TheTakeover

i've played a decent amount with artie and if i wanted to play a big pot vs him i'm NEVER checking a hand OOP.
this deep the way to trap artie is to lead into him, maybe even for an oversize bet.
he's way too likely to check back some draw/marginal hand whereas if you lead into him he may decide to just bluff off his whole stack.
esp with him being stuck in the game on a drawy board i think checking QQ oop vs him would be a very suboptimal play.
the only exception to this would be if you have been VERY aggressive and nick can expect you to bet the flop a large % of the time.
however even so it just makes his hand look so strong if he has to CR 2 players that i think he's going to be leading into you guys way more often then he's going to be CR'ing.

i dont like it a whole lot but i'd prolly be stacking off here alot of the time.
that being said i dont think the spade on the river makes his bluffing frequency go up that much because i think spade draws make up a really small % of your range given flop and turn action and nick is prolly pretty sure you aren't full so his river bluffing frequency should be about the same.