View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 08:11 AM

Default Re: This one is bugging me, $400 PL08

[ QUOTE ]
This a standard fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the surface I agree , and I did fold.

[ QUOTE ]
Please don't post hands like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't tell people what to post and what not to post when you are relatively speaking a NOOB!

[ QUOTE ]
With that action in front of you: someone has a decent made high with likely redraws against your straight + someone likely has A3 + some of your outs are probably dead + and most of the outs which make your hand complete the low << 33% equity. You don't need twodimes to tell you this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the superficial analysis, and in fact it was very wrong. There were no "made highs" possible on that board, not even close, and NEITHER player had A3. It appears as though BOTH players had weak highs with low redraws and were "pushing". As it turns out-- and I am not ashamed to admit that I did need twodimes to tell me-- I still didn't have enough equity to call, even though the flop appeared to hit my hand reaonably well.

The points to be learned or discussed are:

1) What does it say about playing 2356 in position against a raiser and caller pre-flop? (This hand makes it pretty clear you need to flop an A to continue with the hand-- which is fairly elementary, but illustrative. (DaveBreal is right on the money here)

2) You can't just do superficial analysis at higher limits such as "someone has a made high and likely redraws and someone has A3", (which is precisely what I thought at the time) because people will make big Push moves at pots with holdings like top pair or overpair and a 2nd nut low draw.

Incidentally, what do you think of my opponents plays?