View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Full time sports betting?

If he is smart enough, skillful at his craft, hard-working, curious, persistent and has self-control ... then it really isn't that difficult to do well. While I think many people have these qualities and could make a living betting sports, I think the vast majority don't even think about it or try to do it. That's because they are doing really well in their jobs, why quit a $200K job with health benefits (especially if you have kids), 401K, company stock options, etc. and take the plunge into something that seems a lot more volatile and risky ... and probably frowned-upon by other members of society, including the family-in-law.

The reason why so many people fail at sports betting may have something to do with the people themselves, rather than the difficulty of sports betting. Sports betting (and gambling in general) draws in people who enjoy gambling, and often enjoy it too much.

In my opinion, it is the rare person that can succeed in other industries who decides to choose sports betting instead and not be a person with a gambling problem. Most people who choose sports betting etiher have a gambling problem or they are having a tough time succeeding in other industries.