View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods 10/20 Thursday night, QQ in SB

[ QUOTE ]
In these games i feel fine betting and three betting the flop and playing aggresively afterwards. I do not like your check

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You are playing in an passive manner and maybe should'nt be playing these stakes. in Foxwoods games I am happy capping these flops and leading the turn. If i then get raised then I realize I am done.

[/ QUOTE ]

dcb,

In situations like this your goal is trying to protect your hand, not playing for every bet you can squeeze in on the flop. You have a beginners mind frame of wanting to bet out, get raised, and then jam from whats usually slightly ahead. Getting in as many bets as possible like you're implying, is not the way to go here. In these situations you should be thinking "How can I best protect my hand". I'm assuming OP is thinking the same thing when he checks (knowing hes going to have to C-R to have any chance of knocking anyone out). Judging from your post you seem to just be thinking about how many bets you can get in. I'd only bet out here if I was confident for some reason that I was going to be raised by one of the first two players next to act.