View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Re: The differences between 1929 and Today

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard the alaska japan oil thing before too. 3 minute google search. also if you remember the alaska pipeline was built according to the premise that oil would stay in US. that was in the funding and the law. but that restriction in the law was repealed in 1995 or so.

http://www.counterpunch.org/anwr.html
[ QUOTE ]
An FTC economist had concluded that BP-Amoco was selling oil to Asian refineries at prices lower than it could sell to US refineries on the West Coast, in order to manufacture a US shortage. As evidence the FTC had e-mail traffic passing between BP managers who talked about "shorting the WC [West Coast] market" in order to "leverage up" the prices there. Another BP manager called this scheme a "no brainer". The FTC reckoned that this ploy allowed BP to hike prices at West Coast pumps by as much as 3 cents a gallon.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I don't know about your area, but the Monday after Thanksgiving, gas was up 10 cents a gallon and down 10 cents a gallon the next day. Bumped it up a day just for those returning on Monday. And, from what I saw on the news, I95 was bumper to bumper.