View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Big call vs bigjoe2003, how bad is this really?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

when he loses I get the majority of his lost equity, but when I lose, I lose quite a bit myself. The average for me is -$37 if I'm 60/40, or -$.7 if I'm 65/35 (or something close to these numbers).

His average is -$341.
The other 2 opponents are gaining this money in EV terms.

[/ QUOTE ]

This business of him losing -$341 only applies when you call with AKo. It is a +EV push for him in the identical scenario next time as well cuz his overall push is not -$341 with ATC, it's about even or slightly +EV. So if you think meta-game is gonna change his push range, you're wrong IMO.

-BK

[/ QUOTE ]

His range may not change, but if he knows I'm folding AKo there doesn't he think push with 32o here profitably?

[/ QUOTE ]

obv, I don't know why you posted this actually when a lot of us have been telling you it's a -EV call on your part and you kept defending yourself and kept saying you plan on continuing to do this in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]
But the really interesting thing is that even though it was a -EV call for that hand, is it a longterm -EV play if it forces your opponent to push less into you in the future?

It's kinda like telling your opponent: "I'm gonna spite call your pushes for up-to $30 a hand whatever you do" and then seeing if the strategy he uses to counter this plan is more +EV for you than never spiting him and just folding when it's -EV for you.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]