View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It has also been confirmed that Tebow's shoulder injury was not from the hit during the UK game, but due to the weight of carrying the team on his shoulders throughout the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice response, TFG. Being at the game, I did not realize there was a specific "hit" to Tebow that may have injured him in any way? When did this happen?

Les

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was more the accumulation of damage over the game - this is why I hate it when people compare Tebow to VY/T. Smith - when those guys ran they would make people miss and run OOB; Tebow just lowers his shoulder and battering-rams into the line. I can't see his body holding up well through 2 more years of playing like that against very physical SEC defenses.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's really done better than most think avoiding contact, minus the Ole Miss game. He really never took a big hit until the one on his shoulder last night, which wasn't even huge, but got under his pad. He can't take the punishment forever, but it's definitely overrated. He's not much different than a running back taking punishment.

If anything, he has only gotten a huge sack on him 2 or 3 times. It's not like he is taking it to the head like Trent Green.