View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Mission Improbable 3: A Journey (tl;dr)

Update (7/3/07):

So...after reading about bots, and not having the drive to grind a bankroll up from $10 at Full Tilt, I decided to redeposit on Stars using Moneygram in mid-May for the 10 billionth hand promotion. I was grinding .25/.50 and .5/1 limit to clear the 25% bonus, then I started playing my bread-and-butter cash game, $25 Full Ring, and ran at a completely unsustainable 14 BB/100 over about 5k hands. Reading NLHE Theory and Practice really, really helps...

By the beginning of June, I had improved my online roll to about $750 from my initial $250 deposit. I had been playing an hour and a half or so each night after I got home from my 9-5 summer job in downtown Chicago (paid internships FTW!) By the middle of June, I was hardly playing at all. My girlfriend and other friends finally got home from school and I didn't have too much time to play, which is probably a good sign that I have a life.

Anyways, I started playing tournaments again the last week of June. I continued my amazing streak of not cashing in a 4/180 (23 in a row now!) and was mixing in some of the larger $3.30s and $5.50s on Stars. Last Friday night I was stuck home babysitting my siblings, so I decided to fire up a bunch of tournaments. I went 1/8 in cashes, but that cash was a chopped first place in a $5.50 big multi for $1130, my biggest score ever. I cashed out about $750 from my roll to get it back into my hard currency bankroll in the actual bank and have left the rest online to continue playing tournaments and begin to play the $10s and maybe dabble in the $15s and $5.50 rebuys.

I think my story might be one of the slowest moving "career" reports, and I'm definitely nitty when it comes to bankroll management. Anyways, just figured I would update... Maybe I'll eventually make it to the levels where some of you guys play down when you are just messing around [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]