View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Really, honestly, how can you believe that old book???

MaxWeiss,

I understand exactly where your post comes from. Like me it is an exasperation with people that display a refusal to accept the facts.

Those fact are of two kind: firstly the content of the anachronistic book and, secondly the life as we all experience it in the raw.

On the first kind of facts, the "good" (??) book shows/describes explicitly a god who is a megalomaniac, selfish, insecure, full of anger, in both ancient and new testament parts!

Of the second kind of facts, life as it is experienced, it is full of suffering and not only for human being through their own faults, but also for an immense number of animals. Unlike you get pleasure out of skinning a cat alive I cannot see the benevolence of a purported intelligent creator!

So, to me it seems that I need to shut out those screams of madness that i keep being subject to from people that seemingly have never read the bible or have never looked around them at the facts of life.

It may be that those people are really weak creatures that need to hope against all hopes and could not cope with life as it is, and need construct an imaginary one to be able to tolerate life. To me they are just noisy, confused, distracting and will never be able to do something constructive about this universal suffering until they can accept reality, unfortunately.