Thread: KK in NL cash
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 04:38 AM

Default Re: KK in NL cash

[ QUOTE ]
i play 100NL, the players are plenty aggressive there.

[/ QUOTE ]
On average, they aren't. Play some NL 600, and see if you say typical NL 100 players are aggressive. I don't fold KK preflop to a 4-bet push in an aggressive game because I know people raise frequently and 3-bet frequently, they don't respect my 3-bets, they more frequently limp-reraise with AA, and so the raise/push represents a much wider range of hands than at NL 100. Of course, at NL 25, the push can mean the player thinks 88 is a great hand because it is a favorable coinflip against AK.

[ QUOTE ]
calling an all in takes a stronger hand than pushing all in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you get that idea from theorizing what you should do, or from watching what your opponents do on average?

By the way, the player who called all-in with AT in the blind-versus-blind hand was getting better than 2:1. Do you still want to say he needed a better hand to call than to push, so calling all-in meant he would have pushed with AT? That you posted two hands where people pushed with KK in a discussion of whether to call pushes with KK makes me wonder. Why didn't you find plenty of good results at NL 100 from calling pushes with KK? Is it because your database looks like mine and the OP's?

People are typically passive and call too much at NL 100. That you can find hands where people called all-in with weak hands does not mean they are pushing with weak hands often enough to make calling a good gamble.