View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: community and anarchy - pt I

The one question I have is "why do you think equality in outcome is so important? (wouldn't this create a bunch of robotic type cardboard cutout people?)A truly free society would have very different outcomes for different people. Opportunity and outcome will not follow the same line on a graph. If you choose to provide a service you enjoy providing...ie ice cream shop owner and you make a average income, that is your choice. Perhaps you could make three times as much being a IT manager at a large company...but would not enjoy it as much. (the option is available but you decide hapiness is worth more than the money)

Your previous posts on AS lead me to believe that some commitee is going to decide how ones personel skills are best utilized for the benefit of the commune. You or I could get stuck doing labor we truly hate...for the benefit of others. I do not consider that freedom. In AC everything is voluntary because your purpose is for yourself and not to benefit others or the "greater good" (a term I detest...because the greater good in my opinion may not be the greater good in your opinion) Many things today are said to be for the greater good that I do not agree with....I do not see how this would change in AS....I do see it changing in AC.