View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 10:24 PM

Default Re: Health Insurance For A Poker Player

[ QUOTE ]
I'm an independent web developer and get my insurance through "Golden Rule". It could be a decent alternatively if you wanted a little bit more. I pay about $100 per month, have a $2500 deductable, get some dental/eye coverage, and get like a 50% discount on doctors visits and medicine. (the discount varries doc to doc, medicine to medicine)

If you are as healthy as you say, this is probably not the route to go. But if you go to the dentist twice a year, have eye glasses, and go to the doc once a year, this is a good plan.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am looking to sign up for probably this same plan with Golden Rule myself. I am 21 years old and in the market for health insurance.

I was going to start a new thread about this but figured it's better to just run a search and post in an already existing thread.

Is it worth it to get health insurance at my age? 21 and not engaging in high risk activities? If I don't get health insurance now can I still get it later in life when I become more of a health risk without any consequences? Also does anyone else use Golden Rule? The plan i'm getting on will have a $100 premium and covers dental, eye, annual physicals, etc with a $1000 deductable for brand name medications.

Can someone more knowledgable chime in with comments about this plan with golden rule from their site... http://www.goldenrule.com/health_ins...lth/index.aspx

The co-play plan is detailed like a bit less than halfway through the page.