View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: RakeReduction, why are you so cheap?

[ QUOTE ]
Every bussiness deal needs to be renegociated when one of the partners show clear signs of suddenly having the best of it. Affiliates deals should not be an exception.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait, what? Sometimes businesses will do this, but it is certainly not a given. How happy would you be if an affiliate wanted to lower your RB?

[ QUOTE ]
Notice as well the total silence from other affiliates in this thread when they usually are all over the place commenting everything and trying to pick up an extra player or two by promoting their own site.

Touchy subject, I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fairly professional of them, I think. They do business a little differently, but they are abstaining from jumping on RR for the way they do things. Plus, I doubt PA would put up with much of that.

Unfortunately for you if you are so unhappy with RR, FT is one of the few sites that seems to be extremely loyal to their affiliates, and this leaves you in a poor bargaining position. RR can basically say "take it or leave it", and there's not a lot you can do. That being said, I'm sure they want to get continued business from you and others, and are listening to your concerns.

The way I see it, this cap FT has put in place means there are fewer areas for affiliates to use to stand apart from one another. Daily payouts is one, no negative carryover is another. Unless I'm mistaken, FT only pays out to their affiliates once per month, so RR is already giving back some of their money when they give it to you as much as a month or more before they get it. It seems that's the trade-off you make when you sign up with RR...you can get daily payouts, but your negative balance carries over.