View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Re: What About Mukasy\'s Position on Waterboarding?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When your sister can't get out of NYC and Mohammed el-dirtbag knows where the dirty bomb is, if you tell me then that its still wrong to torture i'll believe you all.

Till you have a personal stake in it you don't have a clue what your real philosophy is.

[/ QUOTE ]

This type of scenario is presented in political debates and I think it’s the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Here is the problem with this from a logic standpoint. The dudes who set up a bomb probably spent months if not years planning the attack. Their lives revolved around this goal. Are you telling me that someone who is this driven will actually tell the truth and screw up all of his work because he gets a little beaten up? I think not. I can’t imagine torture working at all against people who don’t seem to care about their lives very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't retreat to the position that all politicians (or the Administration) are liars, then George Tenet was very clear that extreme interrogation of khalil Sheikh Mohammed saved American lives. Until someone proves that to be untrue, torture can work.