View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Hand 1: 100/200 live vs TheTakeover

[ QUOTE ]
live 25/50 game in NYC...this hand is playing as 25-50-100-200...villian in this hand is Nick Schulman...i generally think Nick is the best player in the game...he's been playing solid in a crazy game...i have 42k and villain covers...

after the two straddles i am UTG with KcJc and limp for 200...couple of callers behind me, small blind calls, and Nick calls from one of the straddles...5 to the flop

(~1100) flop Kd Qc 4c...

checked to me and i bet 1k...1 caller behind me...and then Nick check raises to 4k...who calls here and who reraises here? i choose to call and the other caller folds...

(~10,100) turn is As...Nick checks and i decide to check (people bet here?)

river Kh...nick leads for 9k...whats the play here?

is the hand different if Nick leads the turn, and then bets river from our perspective?

all comments welcome...obviously a lot has to do with my read on Nick but still would like to see how people would play the hand.

I didnt raise preflop because it owuld not have thinned the field any the way the game was playing...

[/ QUOTE ]

weird, nick made such a small cr on flop (that's the only part of the hand I really don't like). i prolly cawl b/c he cold have missed clubs a large % of the time and views the A as a bad card for you. furthermore, he thinks that you probably would have bet a hand >2p differently, meaning you would have either a) reraised his flop cr, b) bet the turn.

Thus, your hand looks pretty weak, making it a MT "i cawl."