View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: 25NL - AA on a draw heavy board

Pushing is OK, I think value betting is far better. At this point I'd put in a bet of $8. Now think of this from the other players perspective.

A.) If he's on the flush draw then your offering him 2.75 - 1 odds to call, while he's a 4 - 1 underdog to make that hand on the river, so a call by him would be a mistake, but enticing. Even with the implied odds of the rest of your stack, he still doesn't have a profitable call.

2.) There are also a small minority of people who might take an $8 bet as a second barrel of a bluff and call it. It does have a hint of weakness to it.

3.) If he was playing A2, or had a set, you're already beat, so at least you have a chance to decide whether you want to put in the rest of your stack. You almost have to anyway, but at least you can think about it for a second.

Lastly, remember that you're trying to get your opponent to make a mistake, not just take down pots. Pushing all-in here probably closes out those draws while still allowing the monster hands to get your stack. Don't bet in a way that forces your opponent to play his hand correctly.