View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Contraversial AC Related Thread (TL;PR)

[ QUOTE ]
Consider true democracy "free market politics". Instead of each person having money and the free market determining prices, each person gets one vote and the "market" determines our rights! Kinda sucks huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
How does this relate to free market economics?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't.

Markets are not winner take all. We don't get X number of votes and the "market" determines whether we'll all drink coke or whether we'll all drink pepsi.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, allow me to restate my #1 thesis: People are idiots. ACists primary belief is generally that if there is a desire for something like police/security/food safety/courts/marijuana that there will be someone who will provide that service. My counter is that people are idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

That counter doesn't make any sense, mostly because all of the things that you mentioned are ALREADY PROVIDED by markets - DESPITE government intervention in those markets.

[ QUOTE ]
Just as in the political arena, where I don't much like being subject to something simply because 51% of people are willing to live with it, I don't much like being subject to having to pay $X for Y just because 51% of the money is willing to live with it (so to speak, obviously the math is a lot more complex here).

[/ QUOTE ]

In a market, other people buying X doesn't force you to buy X also. In a state, other people wanting X to be provided very well might force you to pay for X.

[ QUOTE ]
Under a free market, and particularly a more globalized free market, prices are no longer really affected by what I need or want. Prices are affected by what people worldwide, or nationwide, want or need.

[/ QUOTE ]

But nobody is forcing you to trade.

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously this is a somewhat crude sketch, but these are my main objections to AC/Free Market dogma.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't understand what your objection is. That you don't get free ponies, or ponies at whatever price you think you should pay for them?