View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Ask me about being a professional psychic

[ QUOTE ]
Can you give an example of this part? I'd love to see how you turn things around like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

The easiest way to do this is to tell them something along the lines of "What I see will be clearer for you than to me, so in order to get the most accurate reading possible, I need your help interpreting what I'm seeing" .This gets them in the mindset to find more meaning in vague statements than if I just went ahead and started. They feel it's on them to find meaning in what I'm saying, and they also volunteer more information so that I can be more accurate (you'd be amazed at how often people completely give away information, and then are amazed when I say it back to them)

[ QUOTE ]
What's the longest call you've taken? If it's longer than 20-30min, then what the hell did you talk about for so long? Do you get many repeat customers?

[/ QUOTE ]

The longest call was about 90 minutes, and it was actually the first call I ever took. I was ready to jump out of a window by the end of it, it was a nice lady, but it was definitely a trial by fire. I pretty much talked about anything I could think of, work, family, love, etc. I really was running out of stuff to say. I occasionally get repeat customers,probably about 20% of my calls. So I keep a little text document open with everyone's names and a brief description fo what we've talked about so I can pretend to remember. My notes my look something like "John Smith, 35 years old. Is looking for a new career in graphic design, has an interview Aug 1st"

[ QUOTE ]
You say you won't "talk to the dead" or about health issues... does it come up very often? Do you ever specifically instruct someone to call a doctor or therapist?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only come up a couple of times, and each time I've politely refused. Because I kind of screen my calls before I actually start a paying session, I can choose not to take the session if it seems like the person should be taking the issue up with a doctor or psychologist. .